Just what I have been waiting for, the 39 Megapixel digital camera…huh? Most of us haven’t even heard of a camera past 9 Megapixels, not to mention even 39 Megapixels. Along with their high end 39 Megapixel model, Phase One is also releasing 31 Megapixel and 18 Megapixel models for those who don’t feel you need that full 39 Megapixel model. Think about this also, let’s say you have a 2GB memory card for your camera, which most of us don’t even have one that large, that means you will be able to take about 15 pictures at 39 Megapixels…WOO HOO! Guess these things won’t be making it to the consumer’s hands until the terabyte memory card is manufactured.
Some details from the manufacturer:
P45 = 39 Megapixel
P30 = 31 Megapixel
P21 = 18 Megapixel
- The ultimate P 45 digital back with 39 MP sensor and 117 MB file sizes pr shot ? for the world’s most demanding commercial photographers. The result is sharper and more detailed images than ever before, no matter if the images are going for a billboard on Times Square in New York or in a high-end fashion magazine.
- Virtually Moir? free shooting with the new P 30 digital back ? aimed at the world’s leading fashion photographers. The new 6,8 micron pixel in the 31 MP sensor will together with Phase One’s latest version of the Capture One software deliver sharp, noise-free images with natural colors and ?no Moir??.
- 60 frames per minute of highest image quality captures is a new first, set by the new innovative Phase One P 21 digital back. 54 MB processed image files will allow professionals to raise the quality level of all-round fashion, portrait and commercial advertising shots.
- The first ever high performance true wireless image transfer of previews and RAW images will become the standard for Phase One shooters. This functionality will be offered to all existing and new owners of Phase One fully portable digital P-backs.
- 3S technology ? Secure Storage System. This revolutionary new feature has recently been introduced in the latest Phase One P-series firmware. The 3S technology improves the storage security level by checking the validity on every CF-card inserted in the P-back. This way, the risk of accidentally writing to a damaged storage media is eliminated. In step 2 you can also preserve the image buffer contents, and the remaining images will be stored when the card is reinserted.