I’ve been asked several times how you can get music off of your iPhone or iPod. More often than not it’s because something happened to the user’s music library on their computer, and they are looking for a way to snag all of their precious music from their iPod before it’s completely gone.
A simple and free app called SharePod is capable of doing just that. You can copy songs to your computer, upload them to your iPod, and even backup an iPod. If you’re dealing with an iPhone or iPod Touch you’ll need to have iTunes installed in order for most of the operations to work, but once you pass that hurdle you should be good to go.
Here are some of the features you have to look forward to by using SharePod:
- Add & remove music and videos from your iPod
- Add, remove and edit playlists
- Add & remove album art
- Copy music, videos and playlists from your iPod to PC
- Import music/videos into your iTunes library, including playlists and ratings
- Tag editing
- Drag n’ drop to and from Explorer
- Simple, clean interface
- Quick to load and use with no unnessary complicated features
Now if only Apple offered better two-way syncing with iPods then apps like this wouldn’t be necessary.
Get SharePod for Windows