On December 4th at 2:00AM PST Xbox 360 owners (with an Xbox LIVE subscription) will be able to get some awesome new features at no additional cost! At the top of the feature list is MPEG-4 Part 2 video support, which means that most of your DivX and Xvid files will now be play on the system! This was expected, however, because of the DivX/PS3 compatibility that was announced earlier this month.
Another one of the cool features in the list is access to Xbox Originals, which are classic Xbox games that will be available for download at $15 each. The selection will be rather limited at first, but it is expected to grow as more of the game publishers jump on board.
Here’s the full list of features coming on December 4th, and a video demo of the new Dashboard:
- New video features – The convenience of full-screen movie previews and enhanced video codec support further expand the options when it comes to the Xbox 360 entertainment experience.
- Xbox Originals – You can download-to-own full original Xbox games that were previously only available at retail. The digital shelves will always be stocked with classic titles, such as “Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex” “Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge,” “Halo,” “Fable,” “Fuzion Frenzy,” “Psychonauts,” and more as the catalogue grows over time, at 1200 Microsoft Points ($15) per game.
- Xbox LIVE Arcade Hits – On Xbox LIVE Arcade, the Arcade Hits program kicks off where some of the best selling Xbox LIVE Arcade games will become available at permanently reduced prices, making it easier than ever for everyone to build a library of downloadable games! The first games to become Arcade Hits will be “Bankshot Billiards 2″ and “Lumines LIVE,” which will be available for 800 Microsoft Points each, and “Marble Blast Ultra,” “Small Arms” and “Zuma Deluxe,” which will be available for 400 Microsoft Points each. With free trial downloads for every game and over 100 games to choose from, Xbox LIVE Arcade offers something for every member of the family.
- Inside Xbox – A new direct feed brings current news straight from Xbox.com into the Xbox LIVE Dashboard.
- Enhanced online profile – Members interested in sharing a few more details about themselves will have the option to.
- Expanded Friends List access – Members will be able to see the Friends Lists of other Xbox LIVE members, boosting their social networking experience on the service.
- Enhanced Parental Controls – Parents can set the amount of time their Xbox 360 can be used on a per-day or per-week basis by their children or other members of the household.