Three new features were introduced to Bloglines Beta last night that will make the experience just a bit better. As most of you know, Bloglines is one of the most popular web-based news aggregator services used by many. The folks over at Bloglines have said that they’ve been working hard to get “stocking stuffers” out to everybody for the holiday season. Just in time, stockings have been filled and this is what you’ll find:
- Save – want to easily save articles for later reference? Now you can, and if the publisher makes graphics available in the feed (like CyberNet), those will be saved as well. These articles will go to your “saved” folder so that you can go back and access them later.
- Photo Widget – This will come in handy for those of you who subscribe to Flickr feeds. This photo widget will provide you with large thumbnails of images from the Flickr feeds you’re subscribed to. This sure beats only being able to view the text description!
- Blog View – Want to view the full blog instead of just the feed article? Now you can with the 3-pane view. This full blog view will essentially show you everything including comments, ads, and anything else that might be in left or right sidebars.
If you’d like to take advantage of the new “save” feature, here’s how it will work:
- Look for the “save” button at the bottom of an article and click it
- A new inline window will appear where you can leave a comment about the article and select a folder that you’d like it to be saved to. Click save, and you’re all set to go!