Keeping your Windows Registry clean is something that can be quite a chore. Comodo, who happens to make an incredible free firewall tool, also has a free registry cleaner that not many people know about. One thing that I love the most is that you can download the typical installer, or you can grab the portable format that requires no installation.
When it comes down to features there isn’t much explanation needed. Here are some of the features and benefits the site lists out though:
- Improves the health and performance of your computer – Comodo Registry Cleaner conducts a deep scan of your registry to remove corrupt and unnecessary entries that are causing system slow down and other errors.
- Start-up Manager – Comodo Registry Cleaner contains a built-in ‘Start Up’ manager which allows you specify which programs are launched when you start your computer.
- Simple and Easy to use – Fast ‘One-Click’ scanning and a user-friendly interface make it easy for even non-technical users to keep their computers running in peak condition.
- Your data is safe – Comodo Registry Cleaner performs a full back up of your registry before every scan. This means that you can quickly roll-back your Registry to its pre-scan state if the removal of an entry causes problems.
- Timetable scans to run when you choose – Registry Cleaner features a customizable scheduler that lets you timetable scans according to your preferences. Perhaps you wish to check your system first thing in the morning – maybe you prefer once a week in the middle of the night. Choose the time that’s right for you and let Registry Cleaner take care of the rest.
- You’re in control – granular configuration of settings allows you to create custom scans and means the application will scan your system according to your preferences – not the other way around.
In the past I’ve used CCleaner for most of my computer cleaning needs, and it’s always done an incredible job. The only thing is that CCleaner doesn’t focus on just the registry… so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it wouldn’t be as thorough as some dedicated registry cleaners. Comodo ran some tests to compare its product with those of the competition, and theirs wins hands down. Sure the tests are run by Comodo, but they do provide all the information and installed software for their test machine.
You obviously don’t have to believe their comparison, but it’s not like they are trying to sell you their registry cleaner. It’s 100% free, and doesn’t even require an installation. So you can be your own judge… just remember to backup your registry.
Comodo Registry Cleaner for Windows