Stardock just released a new cursor management program called CursorFX (previously known as CursorXP). It is designed so that users can install any of the hundreds of cursor themes that have been created. One of my personal favorites is Uista, which is particularly slick on Vista.
To ensure that no one is left out Stardock opted to create both a free and plus version ($19.95). The free version will appeal to the casual users who are looking to give their cursors a fresh new look, while the plus version has all kinds of goodies including dynamic shadows and special trail effects. Here’s a list of the features bundled with the free version:
- Cursors with unlimited size
- Fully anti-aliased cursors
- Fully 32-bit alpha blended cursors
- Animations and scripts
- Cursors with normal and pressed states
- Full featured theme editor
- Full featured graphic control panel
- Fully configurable soft shadow
- New Visual Editor
- New User interface
- New theme format: propriertary, expandable that lets skinners bundle Special effects into themes.
If you want to spruce up your cursors head on over and get CursorFX for free. It works on 32-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista.