Hopefully some of you were able to receive our message that we were performing some sudden maintenance to the site. We were down for the past few days because we were switching hosting providers and we also had to transfer our domain (and what a pain that was). We are back for good now, and with some of the free time we had we were able to add a lot of new features to the site:
- New RSS icon in the upper-right corner.
- We now offer the ability to subscribe to our site via email.
- We have placed our archives in a drop-down menu located in the sidebar.
- The categories are now placed in an expanding/contracting menu so that you can easily select any of the topics we cover.
- The form on the Tips page now uses AJAX so that you don’t have to wait for the page to refresh in order to know that we received your message!
- And now for my favorite…we have implemented an AJAX commenting system. Once you submit your comment it will immediately appear on the screen. Now how cool is that?
We forgot to mention that our trackbacks and ping service were having issues for about the past week but they are working again. Any time that you link to one of our posts it will appear above the comments section. Also, at our new hosting provider we have a powerful dedicated server and large bandwidth speeds which should help tremendously with the loading times.
Ryan and Ashley
The CyberNet Team