CyberNotes
Time Saving Tuesday

Album art seems to be the hot new craze these days, and with Apple’s Cover Flow (pictured below) more people want their library of music to be filled with gorgeous artwork. Cover Flow has changed the way that I find songs to listen to, and for that reason I wanted to show how you can use iTunes to retrieve your favorite album art.

Before we jump in we want to point out that there are numerous ways that you can add album art to your music collection, including the free MediaMonkey. This article only focuses on iTunes, but we’ll likely cover other ways in the future.

Below you’ll find instructions on having iTunes automatically fetch the album artwork, how to manually add it yourself, how to add it in bulk, and forcing iTunes to store album art in the music files. The end result will be a beautiful looking library filled with flowing album art…

iTunes Cover Flow

–Automatically Adding Album Art–

Assuming that you have correctly added the tag information (artist, title, album, etc…) iTunes will be able to retrieve artwork for your songs automatically. Of course this relies on the album actually being sold on iTunes, which is currently a problem for artists such as the Beatles.

To force iTunes to grab the artwork for an album just right click on the song(s) and select the Get Album Artwork:

iTunes Get Album Artwork

One big issue I’ve had with this working is when dealing with compilation albums or soundtracks. Any albums that have various artists on them will likely be unable to download no matter what you try to do, unless you’ve actually purchased the songs from iTunes.

The album art that iTunes downloads is stored in a special folder created by the application, and is kept separate from the music itself.

–Manually Adding Album Art–

One thing that I’m impressed with is how easily you can manually add album art in iTunes. The nice thing about manually adding the album art is that iTunes will embed it into the song itself, which is actually a nice feature. That way the artwork will be available in applications other than iTunes.

Here’s what you have to do:

1. Find the image that you want to use as the album art. I recommend doing a Google image search for the album name, looking on Wikipedia, or pulling up the Amazon page.
  2. Once you’ve found a good quality image just right-click on it and copy the image. No, you don’t have to save it to your hard drive.
    Copy Image
  3. Now go find the song you want to add the artwork to, right-click on it, and select Get Info. Switch to the Artwork tab, click in the blank box, and press Ctrl+V to paste the artwork in that you copied.
    Paste Album Art
  4. Hit the OK button on the window, and you’re done. The album art has been embedded in that particular song.

–Bulk Adding Album Art–

If you have a ton of songs from the same album there is an easier way to add the same artwork in bulk. This isn’t entirely necessary to do since iTunes only requires one song in a particular album to have artwork associated with it, but other applications may like to have each individual song tagged with artwork.

In iTunes select all of the songs that pertain to the same album, which can be done using the standard Control and Shift keys while clicking on songs with your mouse. After that you’ll pretty much follow the same instructions for manually adding the artwork above, but the area for you to paste the album art into is in a different spot:

Bulk Album Art

–Embedding iTunes Album Art–

The album art that iTunes automatically retrieves is not embedded in the songs, which means that it will not be available outside of iTunes. Some of you may not mind that, but if you enjoy having the artwork no matter what application you’re using then you’ll want to go through these steps for each of the albums:

Note: This is unnecessary for any album art that you’ve manually added yourself.

1. Right-click on a song and click Get Info.
  2. Go to the Artwork tab and press Ctrl+C to copy the artwork.
  3. Now press Ctrl+V to paste it back in.
  4. Hit the OK button.

When you copy and paste the album art in steps 2 & 3 you won’t really see anything happen, but you can easily verify that it worked by monitoring the date modified and/or filesize of the song. If you can see an increase in the filesize then the album art has been added.

It might take some time to get your library just the way you like it, but once you’re done the result will look great… especially for those using Cover Flow.

1. That’s again for a great tip Ryan. I was wondering how to do this since I got my Mac. I used Windows Media Player when I was using Windows. It was a lot easier to add the artwork in that.

2. My album art is located in each album folder on my drive. It bugs me that iTunes can’t see/use that art (since many other programs have no issues using it this way.)

Since my iPod Mini doesn’t support album art, it makes no sense to have the art embedded in the file, since it will just take up space.

So, is there a way to get iTunes to find the album art WITHOUT embedding it to the MP3 files?

3. the first option works only if you have iTunes account, basically meaning you have to be from some of the few countries that have iTunes store.
    for the rest, use MediaMonkey or Winamp

4. awesome tip… glad to see you guys are green day fans as well!

5. Anonymous wrote:

I haven’t seen any way to do that, sorry.

nimrodguy wrote:
    awesome tip… glad to see you guys are green day fans as well!

Huge Green Day fans!

6. Zune software used to auto find album art, and let you manually find it as well. Zune 2 unfortunately killed that feature, though. There’s a box to allow it to auto find art in Zune options, but w/ it enabled it still doesn’t find it at all. Kinda annoying.

7. netster007x wrote:

Huh, I wonder why they would remove such a useful feature?

8. Good tips but I prefer to use my Winamp Player. I just modify the IDTag for my mp3´s. But thanks for all the advice focused to iTunes. 8)

9. The way i got my art work is by saving in to my computer and then I copy it on artwork on itunes the problem is when I plug in my ipod will my art work erase? please reply or send me an email thanks

10. Anonymous wrote:

No, you’re artwork should not be erased if you followed the instructions I mentioned here.

11. Hey Ryan I have a question? my friend told me that if you download songs to itunes to your ipod from a certain artist and then you want to add more song from the same artist in the future do the song that you donloaded to itunes do they erase? I use frostwire to get my song then I transfer them to itunes thank

12. Anonymous wrote:

I’m not sure if I completely understand what you’re after. iTunes will erase all the songs on your iPod the first time you sync it, but it will replace the songs with those in your iTunes library. Each successive sync will not wipe out your songs though.

I’m not sure if that’s the answer you were after.

13. I have a question, too :) I have 10 songs on one album and 9 of them are played just by the main artist and 1 is played by that artist featuring someone else. I put them all under the same album name and same album artist but when I browse with cover flow on my iPod two albums appear, one with the name of the main artist underneath and one with the name of that artist featuring someone. Is there a way I could leave the correct artist names for each song but that I can have it all under one album? And I don’t wanna use Compilations because then it says Various artists instead of the main artist name.

• easy fix. first, select both songs either using shift-click, or command-click (via macs).
      then bring up the song info for both songs and where it says “Album Artist” type in the primary artist of that album. that should fix your problem

14. THANKS MEGA-MUCH FOR THE ARTWORK TIP! now i can coverflow with the best of them!… lol

15. Hey thanks alot for the itunes artwork tips, I would have NEVER figured it out myself,,,Thanks

16. :mrgreen: Whoa thanks man! This is way friggin awesome! :D

17. i put a album art in my list of songs but still they are not sort in one album they seperated…..

18. Anyone had any problems with iTunes adding a jumble of letters and numbers into their comments and erasing the last number of the track number on some of the songs that have artwork with them?

19. Anonymous,
    I used to have part of that problem (numbers in the comment section). I did three things that were suggested to avoid that problem, as well as to avoid losing your atrwork.

1) I save the IDtag as v2.3. Right click on a song or set of songs, then select “convert id tag”. On the first prompt, chose v2.3

2) If you also have the Windows Media player on your machine, make sure that you go into the TOOLS/Privacy section and unclick the UPDATE MUSIC FILES option. I found that Media Player woudl overwrite my ITunes data.

3) I type “ART” into the comment section to avoid all those weird numbers from showing. It also helps me track which songs still needs artwork when I sort the comments section.

20. i’m not like a regular on this site or anything i just googled it because i needed to know how to do something but i just wanted to say thanks because it really helped me with what i wanted, so thanks loads
    xx :mrgreen:

21. Thank you very much. I always looking for that. :)

22. Ha, and you people think Macs are so great. Nice frikken application can’t even find album art!

23. I have added the artwork manually to each track, just as you said in your instructions. When I play them on my iPod Nano New Generation, there is no artwork at all, either from cover flow or when the track is playing, I just get the default musical note.

Any ideas guys?

24. Thank you so much for this tip!! I have wasted so much time trying to figure this out on my own. :)

25. Wuhu, Zune 3.1 software has album art finding back, and it does it quickly and easily right in the background.

Side note, I was just listening to music on my very powerful laptop when song started skipping/lagging. I look at my sidebar and see CPU gadget at 100%!!! I check task manager and see ZuneEnc.exe using all my processor. Eventually, I figured out it was transcoding all my videos in background for when sync w/ Zune. Well, I wanted to listen to music w/out lagging up my PC, so I found option to turn off background video conversion. Low CPU again, aaah.

24!!!

26. Like the guys above, a very big thanks for this useful post.

I had heard about iTunes being funny about file management but didn’t expect it to be so daft. At least with Media Player you can click-and-drag artwork onto your albums.

Question: most of my music is compilation, dance albums usually. iTunes and Coverflow have multiple instances of these albums needlessly scattered all over the place. Is there a post on this – or other site – to sort this quickly, or do I have to manually edit each track/album details.

27. Hi there,

I have about 500 albums ripped using Windows Media Player. I imported the songs in iTunes and it converted from wma to mp3 file. I all worked great until I wanted to import artwork but iTunes tells me it can’t do that since the album was not imported with iTunes. Is there a way to still automatically add album art?

Thanks a bunch.

28. Maraming Salamat !!!!

29. THNX MAN!!!!! :D

30. Thanks for the info. I have wondered how to do this.

31. Hi. I thought I was going crazy with all the artwork. great post

keep on the great job

P.

32. thanks a load man. i have literally spent hours trying to do this by self

33. Great Post many thanks

34. I have the same iPod Nano and problem as Dan reported on January 7th.

Can somebody help us?

Any ideas guys?

35. Dan et al.

FYI I solved the problem by using the “–Bulk Adding Album Art–” method rather than doing each title separately.

36. One thing I noticed; if you happen to be listening to the song when you embed the artwork the song will pause for a second. That is another way you can tell the art had been embedded.

37. Hi,

I have itunes 8. I have followed your instruction, but get stuck when i go to ‘GET INFO’, i have no ARTWORK tab.

Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

38. :)Thanks, This is great, I appreciate the info. All my albums now have pictures! “I Love You Man”

For the previous entry, you need to select a song from the song list on that album, do not select the album. Display your song list to find one.

39. :lol: This is nice – Thanks!!!

40. Excellent answers with clear instructions resulting in the desired effect. Thanks so much. If you don’t have an artwork tab, right click anywhere in the artwork image box and select paste.

41. Hey

I have recently purchased a macbook pro and when I have transferred all my albums from my PC I have lost all my album artwork except for on the albums/singles which i have purchased from itunes. I have tried adding the artwork on bulk but it says that it can’t find any of them.

Any ideas on how I can get the artwork back without having to manually add them all?

42. Thank you, quick and easy instructions

43. That was FUN!!! THANKS…..THANKS….
    However, when i repasted another cover on some songs after I deleted the previous pasted artwork as I did not like the look of it. When I sync, those repasted covers remain blank. I went over it again,won’t work. Please clue me in…

44. Searching images on Google/Amazon would still take a lot of time.
    You know what is easier still?
    Go here:

[art4itunes.com]

Saved me a lot of time. And I have 90% of my artwork on my i-pod now, in a matter of 1 hour. Of course, you gotta add it manually!

45. One question pertaining to the copy and pasting… my computer can copy and paste regular pictures like into a word document, but it won’t let me copy and paste anything into my itunes library? What is the problem?

• You probs looking in the wrong place for where to paste it. I was anyway =/

If you go on iTunes, find the album you want to add art to, open up the song list inside the album, select them all, then right click and select get info. say yes to the box that comes up if any, then there should be a big box comes up. There should be a box on there labled “Art”. You can paste the art in there =) Just to clarify wat Ryan already said

46. Thanks a heap mate!

47. thanks soo much for your help!

48. Thanks for the tips, helped me out!!

49. Is it free?:}

50. thanks that helped a lot!!

51. Hey Ryan,
    When I try to add the covers to iTunes by the get info bit, it just won’t work, I tick the box and put the picture in, but it does not change.

Also, the tab for artwork; doesn’t come up on it, think you could help?
    Thanks.

• I have this issue sometimes too, especially on songs that don’t come from iTunes. Try closing your session of iTunes and try it again. For some reason, it seems to gray out changes when I first add some songs. By closing iTunes, it seems to reset the editing tabs or something.

• there’s one more way to add the covers:

on the lower left of the window, there are 4 buttons.
      the far right, with the down arrow inside a box,
      is a “show or hide item artwork or video viewer” button.
      click to open it up, and make sure that the heading says
      “selected item” instead of “now playing”, where the arrow
      button to the left of the heading will toggle between the two.

now select a track, or bulk select, and there are two ways
      to add the artwork:

· drag and drop an image file onto the artwork box
      it will say “drag artwork here”

- OR -

· copy the artwork image to the clipboard
      follow steps 1 + 2 above under “manually adding album art”
      then right click on the artwork box and click “paste”

52. This method used to work for me (manually copying and pasting the album art into “Get Info”), but now it doesn’t. What gives?

53. none of this works at all. so irritating!

• Make sure your iTunes is up to date…this is the same way I’ve been adding cover artwork since I got my iPod in 2007.

54. Thank you for the tips. They worked for me!

55. this will work for both iTunes library and iPod library:

mm
    March 18, 2010 at 1:28 pm

there’s one more way to add the covers:

on the lower left of the window, there are 4 buttons.
    the far right, with the down arrow inside a box,
    is a “show or hide item artwork or video viewer” button.
    click to open it up, and make sure that the heading says
    “selected item” instead of “now playing”, where the arrow
    button to the left of the heading will toggle between the two.

now select a track, or bulk select, and there are two ways
    to add the artwork:

· drag and drop an image file onto the artwork box
    it will say “drag artwork here”

- OR -

· copy the artwork image to the clipboard
    follow steps 1 + 2 above under “manually adding album art”
    then right click on the artwork box and click “paste”

56. Try [cdcovers.cc] for all the covers in quite good quality too just copy and paste as discussed earlier :-)

57. Etienne Matuszewski

Thank you! That was useful.

58. Awesome – thanks for making it really easy to do :)

59. itunes is way too quirky. I have over 200 albums some ripped, some burned, bought online, internet and every other way. Guess what? Windows Media Player just simply gets the album art, adds it and your done. Oh, so simple!

It really baffles me as to why apple screwed the pooch on their itunes product. I know…I know it’s a prorietary thing….but really….look at their stock are they hurting that bad???

I love their iphone, touch and all, but hate their itunes….hate it!

60. Thank you so much, this is a great article and I now have all my artwork showing in itunes. Thank you. Dana

61. I have the newest version of iTunes…So I’ve spent hours online copy and pasting album artwork onto all my albums with missing artwork. But none of it will show up on my iPod. I have a iPod classic. What could be the problem?? I’ve had some of the artwork in iTunes for 2 weeks and I’ve synced my iPod several times since then. The artwork shows up for the songs that iTunes got automatically, but not the ones I copy and pasted. It’s really irritating!It shows up in itunes and not my ipod!Any ideas how I can fix it? Thanks.

62. Thanks for this great tip..it worked the first time I tried it!!! This is waaay cool since itunes did not have the album cover on their site! And yes, it updated the rest of the songs for the same album.

Thanks again for posting this up!

Meng

63. I was wondering what happens to songs with NO album art embedded, when they are transferred to ipod.
    Does it work as in iTunes placing just one copy of the album art somewhere in the ipod?

I have all my album art embedded and files in the iPod_Control\Artwork folder are pretty large anyway. I guess it makes a copy there, even if the album art is embedded in the song. Am I right?

64. I did what you said…

yes, some of my music really did have
    a new artwork…thanks for that..

but, some of them wont accept the
    picture or rather nothing is happening
    with anything I paste or manually “Add”..
    why is that? :O

65. OK i want to get art, but it doesnt give me the option! i try to go the the artwork tab but theres nothing there!!!! HALP!

66. Thank you very much. I have always hated that little box with the music note in it. Just thought I’d comment to say as such. Thanks again!

67. I don’t believe in the “Get Album Artwork” function. It’s inaccurate and not effective. sometimes it will give you many different album artwork covers for the album and that’s lame.. and its horrible for those who don’t have an itunes account. since i have one i do it in a way that makes sense.. save the image onto your desktop. click the song. go to “file” then “get info” and on the last tab it says “artwork”. what i do is i click it, delete it and upload the image i saved from the desktop. that way u can make sure u have the same image for the album and different sizes. cause it doesnt make sense to have like 5 different albums under the artist when its really just one.. when i first discovered it they told me to save the image to the desktop and drag it all the way to the window on itunes. that was the most ridonkulous thing ever.. sometimes i would drag it 10 times and it wouldnt work.. thats just ridiculous,.. ALL THE SMART PEOPLE. DO WHAT I DO.

68. Hello friend This is very nice posting LOL. Do u like watch worldcup 2010 ? I love japan . How about you dude ? Regards owner of pastisold.com

69. itunes sucks – apple fascists; winamp or WMP is infinitely better sad to say.

70. I have north of 17,000 individual tunes in my iTunes library and am working to make sure they all have artwork. In certain cases I want different artwork attached to an individual tune that is not the artwork for the album the tune came from. No problem pasting the artwork to the individual tune. But CoverFlow was showing the artwork for the album rather than the artwork I pasted to the tune. I found two reasons this occurs. First, if the box “Part of a Compilation” is checked CoverFlow will use the Compilation’s artwork and not the artwork for the individual tune. Second, CoverFlow will use the artwork for the album identified for the individual tune rather than the artwork attached to the tune. To fix this I added two blanks after the name of the album.

71. How do you copy the song info that you put onto a song on your iPod but not your PC or vice versa?

72. Hi.. I spent lot of time and updated my itunes. It works fine. But I have Palm pre. So I need to use Media Player for syncing. When I open Media Player, the info, album art are different from itunes. All of them are not updated. Only few are updated. Can some one help me with this??

Thanks

73. I would like to make my own music available for ipods via the ‘add file/folder to library’ options in the itunes file menu. In the folder I would create a jpg pic as the cover art for that group of song(s).

Is there anyway that the pic can be automatically included in the upload to itunes so that it automatically displays in a single step upload process (ie without having to re-open the folder drag it over to the add picture box in the itunes window. Does it require a special name or tags?

TIA

74. Why doesn’t my computer have the opption to copy image??? I just asks if I want to “save background as” or set “as background”. can anyone help???

75. Thanks for this! For some reason iTunes gave me a different version of the cover art for one of my albums, but now I can add the correct one :)

76. Hello!!! many thanks! it works!!! :)))

77. when i click get info, it doesnt let me click on the artwork tab- like it goes gray and doesnt let me click on it. help!

78. Hey Ryan, I found this very helpful. I’m having some trouble though with my music. Everytime I listen to it on my iPod, the artwork’s there, but my songs start skipping. As in if I wanna listen to one song, it skips it, & goes straight to another. PLEASE help me fix this! Thanks!

• That happens to one of my friends too. I think that is just a bug in iOS.

• Brenda -
      I know this was an old message, hope you get this -

I had the same problem. Are you unzipping any of your music files on an external harddrive? I found that, when I did so, I would have that problem. But if I unzipped them on my computer, then moved them to an external harddrive, and then copied them into iTunes, i wouldnt get the skipping thing.

Best of luck.

79. Great info their mate
    Many thanks
    Ian

80. ive done what you said and copeied and pasted the art into the box but then when i click ok it doesnt show up on the playlist??

81. I am having no trouble copy and pasting the album artwork in to my itunes. But when I plug in my ipod, and sync it(clicking the box “Display album artwork on your ipod”) It says “error has occured (-50)” please help me find out howto do this because my cover flow will really look amazing:)

82. Many thanks broo… :)

83. I’ve tried that but nothing happens, the image isn’t added.

84. Worked like a champ – even with iTunes V:10.2.1.1. Many thanks!!

85. Thanks A bunch, you really helped me

86. Thanks, didn’t know it was that easy.

87. I’m still having problems with this whole thing. I did everything you had written, but the artwork still does not show up. And when I click more info on a single song, my itunes version doesn’t have an artwork tab??? Should I give it more time?

88. this is great !! :D thank you so much …(:

89. i have a problem itunes, don’t know if anyone else has experienced this. everytime i download a cd to my library, it not only downloads the artwork…but somehow downloads the artwork for every single track…how i fix this…thank you

90. Amazing….thanks….i was looking for high quality art work, for my albums, as itunes put 500×500 and WMP12 puts 200×200, i had to download itunes and its simply best…i loved it and thanks for your wonderful help..;)

91. All my album artwork is from Zune, but when I launch iTunes to put everything in my iPod Touch, well, there’s no artwork… what do I do?

92. Thanks so much for this advice; especially how to make sure the album artwork is visible in other applications ie finder. I dont know if that means the artwork is permanently associated with the file, but i am assuming that so am doing that. I am a new mac user, and apple employees both at the store level and apple care were so unknowledgeable and made so many mistakes from my data transfer to the whole week that i unnecessarily manually recreated an entire 4000+ song album, manually got artwork, manually put together albums 3x and lost it all……finally after speaking to a manager, i got someone to fix it and spent an entire day – literally 8 full hours at the store- to organize the itunes folder correctly….And still they didnt know how to do certain things which i figured out just on my own -some are just simple short cuts – like just right click on a song or album and you dont have to to command i or file.Get info to get info- (that alone is going to save me from the carpel tunnel i was developing as my fingers were aching) but also the last tip about associating the pic with the mp3 so it shows up in finder…im hoping that will mean that the artwork is permanently associated with the file and that the artwork wont be lost again

93. dude…. this thing helped me sooooooo much!!!! thanks!!!! i was all like @!%#$@&! HOW THE @#$% DO I GET THE ARTWORK ON? hahahahah lol

94. Not too long ago, itunes stopped working on my PC. Slowly it is returning, but after successfully creating a playlist and disc, I wanted to paste a photo on the playlist print page, but when I tried dragging or pasting, it was blank. I tried it other previously used cover art pictures, but the results are the same. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

95. I understand the copy and paste process just fine, and it seems to do “something” just not the expected results. When I paste in my desired artwork, the artwork appears as a black square. The art I’m pasting is a very large 1000×1000 jpg found on google images. Anyone else have this issue? I’m using the newest version of itunes.

Thanks

• Just figured it out thanks to another forum, apparently this problem is a bug in itunes 10.4, so while you wait for a itunes update, save the photo into a folder on your computer (the album music folder perhaps) and then copy that file and paste it into the artwork spot as described above. It looks beautiful now!

96. Brilliant!

97. thanx so much i had absolutly no clue how i was going to find the artwork and put it on thanx tyo you my ipod looks cute with all the gorgeous art work instead of grey plain little boxs!!!!!!!!!

98. HEY GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS , I WAS GOING TO PAY £40 FOR A AUTOMATED PROGRAMM THAT DID THE SAME THING . THIS TOOK ME AROUND 1 HOUR TO DO 90 ALBUMS
    THANKS AGAIN FROM STEVE CLOWNE DERBYSHIRE UK

99. This was so helpful! Thank you for giving us different ways to input album art, and especially for pointing out which methods will embed it into each song. This is particularly helpful for those of us who don’t have iphones or ipods!

100. The guide is ok, but I have many CDs imported to my library and iTunes does not recognize the artwork for any of them via the Get Album Art function: this is almost half of my library which is missing Artworks now.

The manual way of getting artwork will take a huuge amount of time. I was maybe thinking a software which would help me where iTunes fails with finding artwork? Anyone?

• Make sure that all the titles are correct, I suffere from the same problem and double checking this made it work.
      Hope that helps.

• After some online searching, you can find tons (well, many) programs which claim to add the correct artwork to your songs – many of them are not directly related to artwork in your iTunes library though.

This particular tool seems promising in finding your missing iTunes artworks, as its producers are well known on the iTunes alternative scene. It seems that they would even offer it for free for some time to come:

[copytrans.net]

Otherwise, try seeing if your titles are correct, especially if there are misspelled album names. Of course, that would require a particular effort on your side.

Good luck!

101. Thanks loads for this, there was one album that was just drving me crazy! Currently listening to that album now, thanks a bunch.
    Marylin.

102. I used to do it manually easily, but going today to itunes i just cannot get the image to paste in the box. Have itunes done an update that prevents it?

• Using the button bottom left of window (reading from an earlier comment) it tells me “artwork unmodifiable”. Is it because i didnt buy the album from itunes?

103. Finally… closed and reopened, and then it told me “drag artwork here”, ie to the window bottom left. Thanks very much indeed to MM, March 2010.

Sorted, phew.

104. When I import My Music folder to iTunes, it skips over a bunch of files. Your instructions for album artwork seem to work fine. But I may need to add my music manually folder by folder :-x

I’ve had an iPod Classic that I had synced like 4 laptops ago, when my itunes was all nice and pretty with playlists. Been basically doing the “file search in windows and ‘Enqueue in WinAmp’” thing for a few years. Can’t find a program nicer looking than iTunes, but it frustrates me to no end!

105. When I go to my “get info” window, “artwork” is grayed out and you can’t click it. I’m on a mac by the way.

• For some reason you have no write access to the file. Could be an import in progress.

106. my album art work and my music files have become disconnected when i was forced to get a bigger external hard drive. Is there a way of getting bulk album art work from my own network i.e. on adjacent drives?

107. Thank You so much!! i didn’t know that it was that simple.

108. Woo hoo! Thank you so much. Nice clear instructions and I finally won’t have to put up with that horrid grey music note glaring at me while I play music from some of my albums! I did find that I had to select all my music I had on my ipod already and drag and drop all the songs into my ipod to get the cover to go on the ipod.

109. fantastic! man thats so much easier! thankyou :)

110. THANK YOU! I cannot believe how simple that was once I read your explanation. THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!