Well, the big day is finally here. The day all… errr… some of us have been waiting for. I’m sure some of you are counting down the minutes and seconds until you can go marching into the Apple store to pick-up your very own iPhone. Wait, what am I thinking. If you really want an iPhone, you’re already in line. If you get one, we want stories. Maybe there wasn’t a line? Maybe you were the only lone sole standing outside the store before open? Or maybe it was like a day after Thanksgiving standing outside of Best Buy with a herd of hungry humans.
The day wouldn’t be complete without a dose of iPhone humor. I can’t take credit for any of it, instead I stole it from the Onion, otherwise known as America’s Finest News Source. It gave me a few laughs, and hopefully it gives you a few as well.
In case you haven’t heard, here are some of the iPhone’s most highly anticipated features:
- Nanotechnology enables it to reassemble itself when thrown against wall
- Exclusive link to Google Street View so you can watch yourself using your iPhone at all times
- Takes Polaroids
- When moved from hand to ear, makes Lightsaber sound effects
- Prominent Apple logo
- Reproduces through asexual budding
- Has way, way more PRAM than the last thingy
- Comes with an iPhone hat, so people know you own an iPhone during the brief periods you’re not using it
You’ve already seen the following comic back in February, but I thought it was worth including today:
While there was plenty of excitement over the iPhone when it was announced in January, it wasn’t always smooth sailing for Apple after Cisco was suing Apple for trademark-infringement. You see, Cisco had the name iPhone trademarked years ago. They ended up working together over it to share the same name, which leads us to our final iPhone comic for the day: