Today we’re having some fun and presenting you with a few riddles that need to be solved. There are 15 in all, and the answers are found below. Have a great weekend!
- In almost every language, this word begins with the “m” sound.
- What number when multiplied by itself equals 12,345,678,987,654,321 (which is numbers 1-9 forwards and backwards)?
- I do not breathe, but I run and jump. I do not eat, but I swim and stretch. I do not drink, but I sleep and stand. I do not think, but I grow and play. I do not see, but you see me every day. What am I?
- There’s one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?
- An old fashioned bike wheel has 21 spokes. How many spaces are between the spokes. Is it 20, 21, or 22?
- What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
- Read the following sentence:
FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.
Now count how many F’s are in the sentence just once. How many are there?
- A girl is twice as old as her brother and half as old as her father. In 22 years, her brother will be half as old as his father. How old is the daughter now?
- Someone at a party introduces you to your mother’s only sister’s husband’s sister in law. He has no brothers. What do you call this lady?
- NASA was considering sending canaries into space to study them under zero gravity. The project was scrapped when someone realized that in spite of having sufficient water supplies, they could die of dehydration within a few hours. Why?
- What is 1/2 of 1/4 of 2/9 of 3/7 of 84?
- Continue this pattern: 1, 2, 3, 5, ?, ?
- What does this mean:
- A snail is at the bottom of a well and wants to get out. He manages to crawl up the wall 3 feet each day, but at night he must rest and so he slips back down 2 feet. If the well is 30 feet deep, how long will it take him to get out?
- What is one thing that you can only touch with your left hand and not your right?
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
- I am a leg.
- 21 – draw it and then count
- She is 22
- Birds, unlike humans, need gravity to swallow. Humans can swallow even while hanging upside down.
- The answer is 1. 3/7 of 84= 36. 2/9 of 36=8. 1/4 of 8 = 2. 1/2 of 2 = 1.
- 1=2=3, 2=3=5, 3+5=8, 5=8=13. The 4th digit is 8, the 5th digit is 13.
- Big Bad Wolf
- 28 days…..the snail averages 1 foot each day, so after 27 days he has reached 27 feet. On the 28th day he crawls up 3 feet during the day, but since he is now at 30 feet and out of the well he no longer slips back 2 feet.
- Your right elbow.