Welcome to Daily Downloads brought to you by CyberNet! Each weekday we bring you the Windows software updates for widely used programs, and it’s safe to assume that all the software we list is freeware (we’ll try to note the paid-only programs).
As you browse the Internet during the day, feel free to post the software updates you come across in the comments below so that we can include them the following day!
The software listed here have all been officially released by the developers.
- FileZilla 3.0.1 [Homepage] [Release Notes] [Mirror] [Review]
Type of Application: FTP Client
Changes: Configure time & date formatting, new confirmation dialogs, and several bug fixes
- Notepad2 2.0.18 [Homepage] [Release Notes] [Mirror]
Type of Application: Notepad replacement
Changes: Additional "Find" features
- Skype 18.104.22.168 [Homepage] [Release Notes] [Mirror]
Type of Application: Instant messenger
Changes: Bug fixes and security improvements
- Vispa 0.1.2 [Homepage] [Mirror] [Review]
Type of Application: Vista tweaker
Changes: Added option to delete prefetch folder
–Pre-Releases (Alpha, Beta, etc…)–
The software listed here are pre-releases that may not be ready for everyday usage.
- openSUSE 10.3 [Homepage] [Release Notes] [Mirror] [Review]
Release: Release Candidate 1
Type of Application: Linux Operating System
Changes: Virtualbox 1.5 and OpenOffice.org 2.3 included, along with 535 bug fixes
- WindowBlinds 6 [Homepage] [Release Notes] [Review]
Cost: Currently available only to Object Desktop subscribers ($49.95
Release: Beta 2
Type of Application: Windows skinning