Welcome to Daily Downloads brought to you by CyberNet! Each weekday we bring you the Windows software updates for widely used programs, and it’s safe to assume that all the software we list is freeware (we’ll try to note the paid-only programs).
As you browse the Internet during the day, feel free to post the software updates you come across in the comments below so that we can include them the following day!
The software listed here have all been officially released by the developers.
- Object Desktop 2008 [Homepage] [Release Notes]
Cost: $49.95 or $69.95
Type of Application: Windows customization suite
Changes: Several updated applications
- WinZip 11.2.8094 [Homepage] [Release Notes] [Mirror]
Type of Application: Zipping utility
Changes: Unicode support, and bug fixes
–Pre-Releases (Alpha, Beta, etc…)–
The software listed here are pre-releases that may not be ready for everyday usage.
- ESET SysInspector 220.127.116.11 [Homepage] [Release Notes] [Review]
Release: Release Candidate
Type of Application: Computer security analyzer
Changes: Few new features and bug fixes
- Late April – XP SP3 [Review]
- April 15 – Thunderbird 18.104.22.168
- April 15 – Firefox 22.214.171.124 [Review]
- April 24 – Ubuntu 8.04
- April 29 – Fedora 9
- April 30 – OpenOffice.org 3.0 Beta [Review]
- June – iPhone 2.0 Software [Review]
- June – Firefox 3.0 [Review]
- June 19 – openSUSE 11.0
- Mid 2008 – Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 [Review]
- September 2 – OpenOffice.org 3.0 [Review]
- 2009 – Windows Mobile 7 [Review]
- 2009 – Paint.NET 4.00 [Review]
- 2010 – Windows 7 [Review]