You can now download Adobe Flash Player 9 which was just released yesterday. Like always Flash Player is available for Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera, and CompuServe. Here are some of the changes in this version:
- New ECMAScript scripting engine, ActionScript Virtual Machine AVM2. AVM retained for compatibility.
- Actionscript 3 via AMV2.
- E4X, which is a new approach to parsing XML.
- Support for binary sockets.
- Support for Regular Expressions and namespaces.
- Rebranded to Adobe Flash Player.
Since Adobe has purchased Macromedia they have rebranded the Macromedia Flash Player to Adobe Flash Player. All of this re-branding is just going to confuse people that aren’t very tech savvy. I guess people that are less tech savvy probably didn’t even realize that Flash was made by Macromedia anyways.