Back in March when we wrote about a new service in private beta called Dropbox, there were all kinds of people interested in it and wanting to get in on the private beta to try it out. We were able to give out 50 invites, but there were still many, many people who wanted an invite, but were unable to get one. Thanks to a tip from Cory, we found that Dropbox is currently getting ready to “open the gates” so to speak, and they will be allowing “tens of thousands” of users to start using the service. But more importantly, they want their blog readers to get a chance to get in on it too, even if they hadn’t signed up previously. For a limited time they have provided a code just for their blog readers to use to sign-up.

You’re a Dropbox blog reader, right? ;) They did post an interesting article today discussing some of the different ways that people are using the service like using it to synchronize chat logs across all computers of an account, using it as a “dropbox” for faxes, and they said one user even uses it as a security system – “one user set up his webcam to record video once motion is detected, with the resulting file being dumped into his Dropbox. He uses this combination as a security system of sorts when he’s out of town.” Interesting, isn’t it?

dropbox beta invite.png

So now here’s the important part, where we tell you how to get your beta code. Just go here and then you’ll be provided with the download, as well as your beta code which will be outsidethebox. The download is available for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.4 or above.

Dropbox

Thanks for the tip CoryC!

1. The offer has expired! :cry:

2. “Sorry, that beta code has expired. Sign up for the beta below!”

3. I have some invites left, mail me at tombogman dot be

4. that is ‘me $ tombogman.be’

5. This looks great! just what I need, if anybody has any extra beta invites can you send one my way? c82.phillips@gmail.com

6. I would really appreciate an invite if anyone has an extra. I’ve been on the mailing list for this site for ages.

Thanks!

7. Sorry guys, I didn’t realize the offer would expire so fast. CoryC has offered to provide invites to the first 10 people who leave their email addresses (Thanks Cory!). Anybody who leaves a comment (be sure to include your email address in the email field) from now until we receive 10 responses, we’ll pass on your email to Cory.

8. Please provide me with a dropbox invite

9. I’ve been trying to snag an invite for a while. I’d really appreciate one: jjp30126@gmail.com

10. Jeff wrote:

Done.

11. This looks promising. I’d be glad for an invite. (Email in “Mail” field as requested.)

12. I would be glad to get an invite to, but no rush
    mother.yours@gmail.com

13. I would appreciate to have a DropBox invite, I have been waiting it for a long time.

14. Hi there, would love a dropbox invite. Thanks!

15. I would also like a dropbox invite, if there are any left. Thanks Cory

16. i need a invite, thanks. my email is
    kangken@gmail.com

17. The fact that you need to put your files inside an specific folder called Dropbox makes the service very limited. And I’m not counting that 2GB of online space is useless in 2008.

I’m wondering how this kind of services are going to compete with Microsoft MESH which is going to be free and it alredy offers 5gb of online space in this beta state…

18. fedorov999@hotmail.com if anyone can spare an invite please. Many thanks.

19. Cristian wrote:

You should checkout the forums.getdropbox.com]' rel="nofollow">list of upcoming features. They have lots of planes for future release including the ability to make any/multiple folders a “Dropbox”.

Everyone should keep in mind that this is a beta service – more features, bug fixes, and additional storage space is coming.

20. Fedorov wrote:
    fedorov999@hotmail.com if anyone can spare an invite please. Many thanks.

Done.

21. ken wrote:
    i need a invite, thanks. my email is
    kangken@gmail.com

Already a user.

22. Chris wrote:

Already a user.

23. Hi
    If you still have any invite left I would like one at 0010397 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you!

24. me 2 (or 9th) if you have a spare:
    d_leaper AT netvision DOT net DOT il

thank you very much.

25. Mattee wrote:
    Hi

Thank you!

Already a user.

26. Jack of all Trades wrote:
    me 2 (or 9th) if you have a spare:
    d_leaper AT netvision DOT net DOT il

thank you very much.

Invite sent.

27. FYI…I still have a couple invites left.

28. CoryC wrote:
    Jack of all Trades wrote:
    me 2 (or 9th) if you have a spare:
    d_leaper AT netvision DOT net DOT il
    thank you very much.

Invite sent.

God bless you CoryC and thank you very much.

29. Please sent me a beta invitation : juanitobl@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot!

30. CoryC wrote:
    FYI…I still have a couple invites left.

Please,sent me an invitation. Thanks.

31. Juan Ignacio wrote:
    CoryC wrote:
    FYI…I still have a couple invites left.

Please,sent me an invitation. Thanks.

Your invite was sent. Enjoy.

32. CoryC wrote:
    Juan Ignacio wrote:
    CoryC wrote:
    FYI…I still have a couple invites left.

Please,sent me an invitation. Thanks.

Your invite was sent. Enjoy.

Thank you very must; I’m downloading thes software now. :-)

33. Any invites left?!?! Could I please have one?

jeffreyremer@gmail.com

thanks

34. May i have one plz! Thx!

djdbgr at gmail dot com

35. Hey, has any one invites left? I need one, please!

doneld aet gmail dott com

36. Jeff in VA wrote:
    Any invites left?!?! Could I please have one?

jeffreyremer@gmail.com

thanks

Dropbox says that you’re already a user.

37. DJDB wrote:
    May i have one plz! Thx!

djdbgr at gmail dot com

I sent you an invite.

FYI.. I do not have any more invites.

38. Hei..
    Dropbox seems so cool and i am so in use for it..could someone please send me an invite please, i would be so greatful!
    Thanks so much guys!!

-t-

39. I’d like one as well, please! ^_^

pacobell via gmail

40. Thanks again Cory for sending out all of those invites! :)

41. I’ve love a dropbox invite. I’ll make a little donation to you or the charity of your choice if you for the first one to give me one. rob @at@ intrasound.com

42. please send me an invite as well

hass.lunsford [at] gmail.com

thx!

43. OMG, I would love a dropbox invite, if anyone has one.
    Email: matthewglinski[@]gmail.DOT.com
    Ill make it worth your while, i have a rapidshare premium i am willing to share that does not expire for 5 months.
    -Matt

44. I’d like an invite if you have one. My e-mail is kevin [dot] engle @ gmail.com

45. would like an invite please.
    ibrahim.riad [at] gmail.com

46. would love to get an invite email is sagitta62 [at]hotmail[dot]com

47. Hi… would be very grateful to receive an invite: eileenkelly (at) gmail.com Thanks!

48. I would love to get an invite please, my email is nick.francis1@ntlworld.com

49. just leaving a trace for anyone who wants to send me an invite :-)

dervau (at) gmail (dot) com

thank you!

50. invite please!~
    dir4you (at) naver (dot) com

51. Dropbox looks great!
    I want to use this!!

Please invite me.

ats(at)southernwave.net

Thanks.

52. I would appreciate an invitation that are available as well. Please send it to Stephenkywong (at) gmail (dot) com.

thanks

53. If anyone has an invite, I would be forever grateful! wheelerw *at* gmail *dot* com. Thanks!

54. If anyone still has invites, please invite me because I need it for traveling!!!! Thank you!