There seems to be all kinds of screenshot apps available for Windows, and many of them cater to different audiences. One of my favorites is Greenshot since it is lightweight, free, and has just the right number of features, but CaptureIt Plus comes in a close second.
What makes this one any different? It has a long list of different screen capture modes, and this does just about everything except include a screenshot editor. Why wouldn’t you want a screenshot editor included? I know some of you have your own image editor that you prefer to use, and you can configure this app to open that program with every screenshot you take. So if you don’t want any kind of editor then I’d say this will quickly find its way to the top of your list.
Here are some of the features offered by CaptureIt Plus:
- Includes the following screen capture modes: Fullscreen, Window, Rectangle, Circle, FreeForm, ActiveWindow, Fixed Region and Scheduled capture
- Repeat Last Capture
- Various output formats, JPG, PNG (default), GIF, BMP, WMF, and TIFF
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- JPG quality settings
- Shows grid lines while drawing
- Can include mouse cursor in screenshot capture
- Plugin support
CaptureIt Plus Homepage (Windows only; Freeware)