This is obviously only important for United States residents who still have to file taxes (which are due April 17, 2007), but it is quite a steal that you should scoop up as soon as you can! H&R Block is currently offering TaxCut Premium and Deduction Pro software at no cost to you!
I finished filling everything out in under a minute so it isn’t time consuming. They do ask for personal information (such as address, name, email, etc…) but you can fill in bogus info like we’re used to doing on these types of forms. Here’s what you have to do:
NOTE: I had to use Internet Explorer because Firefox wouldn’t work after step 4.
- Go to the H&R Block site and select either the Mac/Windows version from the drop-down menu. Then click Add to Cart.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and click No Thanks.
- Click Remove next to the option for Extended Download Protection which normally costs $3.99. Then hit Continue Checkout.
- Enter in your personal information. You have to enter in a valid City/State/Zip combination because it will check that. The email address is not used so you can just make something up for that. Also makeup some kind of password at the bottom. Press Continue Checkout.
- Choose your county and hit Submit.
- Click Place Order and you are then presented with the download links which looks something like this:
I have downloaded the software, but I have not installed it yet. It doesn’t look like it comes with the state software because the product links to just the Federal version, but I can’t complain since this is free! Now I’m glad I was procrastinating doing my taxes because I thought I was going to have to buy some software. :)
Thanks to the anonymous tipster who sent this in!