I don’t know how, but I missed the release of Full Circle Magazine issue #2 which was available a month ago. So I thought today I would write a combined post that covers issue #2 as well as #3 which was just released.
Full Circle Magazine is a user-created magazine designed for Ubuntu Linux users. It normally includes how-to’s, guides, and a look at what you can expect from Ubuntu (and some of its siblings like Kubuntu). So let’s see what the two newest issues bring to the table:
One of the cool things that I learned from this issues is that there is an Ubuntu Home Server in the works which aims to compete with Windows Home Server.
- Flavour of the Month – Kubuntu
- Ubuntu on the Intel Mac Mini
- Virtual Private Networking
- Learning Scribus Part 2
- Ubuntu for your Grandma!
- Review – System 76 Darter
- Top 5 – Widgets
- MyDesktop, MyPC and more!
This issue previews a few of the new Compiz Fusion effects (this is the result of Beryl and Compiz merging together). There wasn’t as much news on this as I would have liked to see, so I thought I would throw in this video to demonstrate what Compiz Fusion can do:
- Xubuntu install step-by-step – Alternative Disc
- Get a Stunning Ubuntu Desktop
- Learning Scribus part 3
- Ubuntu in Photography
- Review of Ubuntu on a Macbook
- Preview of several new Compiz Fusion effects
- Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop, MyPC, Top5 and more!
Overall it looks like the magazine is doing really well, and the last few releases have met their deadlines perfectly. I can’t wait to see what issue #4 has in store for us on August 31st! :)