I know that we have a bunch of geeks who read our site, and they probably enjoy knowing every little thing that their computer is doing. The Windows Task Manager is a great way to do that, but sometimes you want to take it to the next level. That’s where AnVir Task Manager comes into play.
AnVir Task Manager is the ultimate tool for keeping track of what’s going on behind the scenes on your computer. You can view advanced information for each process that’s running, receive a threat assessment as to how dangerous something might be, view what files and/or drivers a process is using, and much more. On top of that, you can control which services are running, what items startup with your PC, and more.
If you find something that is suspicious, there are a few different actions you can take in AnVir to ensure the security of your machine. This includes performing a Google search or even uploading the file in question to the VirusTotal site, where it will then be scanned by dozens of different antivirus applications. All it takes is a few clicks.
Here are some of the features you’ll enjoy with AnVir Task Manager:
- Full information about processes including command line, DLLs that the program uses, inbound and outbound traffic, disk load, tray icon, performance graph, internet connections, Windows, threads, open files, etc.
- Information about startup programs and services. Integrated database with Descriptions for 70 000+ startup programs, Internet Explorer toolbars and services
- Information about drivers, Internet (TCP/UPD) connections
- Icons in the system tray that indicate: CPU usage, hard drive temperature and disks activity (with per-application info), network inbound and outbound traffic, memory, and more
- Get a security risk rating that indicates the likelihood of a program being potential virus, spyware, malware or a trojan. The rating is based on behavior, code analysis, and integrated database
- Get a notification when any program tries to add itself to the startup
- and much more!
We have 10 licenses to AnVir Task Manager (valued at $39.95 each) to giveaway today! All you have to do is drop a comment below providing both your name and email address in the appropriate fields. We obviously need your email address for contacting you in the event that you should win. Believe it or not we’ve actually had winners in previous giveaways get randomly selected, but since they didn’t provide an email address we had to pick someone else.
Just as with all of our giveaways we will be using a random number generator to determine the winners. For this round here is how we’re going to give out the licenses:
- 1 winner will be picked from comment numbers 1 through 5
- 9 winners will be picked from comment numbers 1 through however many comments there are.
Entries for the giveaway will be accepted up until December 11th at 7:00PM Central Time.
P.S. You can also use coupon code CYBERNET when ordering AnVir Task Manager Pro or AnVir Security Suite to receive 35% off (valid until December 31st, 2008).