I’m one of the biggest advocates for file backups that you’ll probably come across. I’ve now had four hard drives die on me in the past two years, but I actually haven’t lost any data thanks to keeping redundant backups. You can never be too safe, and GoodSync is an excellent backup/synchronization utility that will help you protect your data as well.
The issue that most people have these days is their data is spread out across multiple different locations, and backing it up can be difficult. That’s why GoodSync supports several different ways to backup files and folders including Windows Local Disk, Windows Network Server (SMB), Windows Mobile Phone or Pocket PC, FTP server, WebDAV server, Secure FTP (SSH) server, and Amazon S3 storage. By supporting all of those different protocols, getting your data from point A to point B is easy even when the machines are not on the same network.
GoodSync also includes support for synchronization with USB drives, which sounds like it should be an easy task, right? After all, it does just show up as an additional drive in Windows Explorer. What about when you unplug one USB drive and plug in another? That’s where GoodSync shines. It will verify that the device being synced is the one you set it up to work with, and not just some other device with the same drive letter.
Here are some other features from GoodSync:
- True bi-directional synchronization
- Organize and transfer files between multiple files
- Works on any file system and synchronizes any full file type
- Real-time action monitoring with visible file properties
- Optional one-way synchronization (for backups)
- Selective file synchronization
- Logs of actions and changes report
- Customizable interface
- Synchronizes Outlook, Outlook Express, Quickbooks, Quicken, and more
We have 10 licenses to GoodSync Pro (valued at $29.95 each) to giveaway today! All you have to do is drop a comment below providing both your name and email address in the appropriate fields. We obviously need your email address for contacting you in the event that you should win. Believe it or not we’ve actually had winners in previous giveaways get randomly selected, but since they didn’t provide an email address we had to pick someone else.
Just as with all of our giveaways we will be using a random number generator to determine the winners. For this round here is how we’re going to give out the licenses:
- 1 winner will be picked from comment numbers 1 through 5
- 9 winners will be picked from comment numbers 1 through however many comments there are.
Entries for the giveaway will be accepted up until December 11th at 7:00PM Central Time.