If you haven’t checked your GMail Inbox lately then you might want to. News has been fluttering around the web about Google integrating Google Talk into GMail. This will currently save your conversations online in a special ‘folder’ called “Chat”. Eventually this will evolve into an online chat system that duplicates the simplicity of Google Talk. Here is the feature set straight from Google:
But wait, there’s more…
- Add contacts and invite your friends to chat from Quick Contacts
- See when your friends are online
- Set your status to busy, sleepy, angry or whatever. Even sneezy.
- Get Google Talk to make free voice calls too. It’s completely synchronized with Quick Contacts
- Go off the record when you’re chatting so nothing gets saved to anyone’s Gmail account
News Source: Digg