It looks like the Google Calendar is finally getting some new features since its release nearly two-months ago. I am actually surprised at how many new features they have added:
- Add events to your calendar by text messaging the event to GVENT (48368), the event can be described like “Brunch at Java Cafe next Saturday at 11:00am” and then that event will be added to your calendar.
- You can now get a Google Desktop widget for the the Google Calendar.
- Google Calendar works with GMail for your domain.
- They have made a button creator that will now allow you to select all of the necessary options and then it will give you the code for the reminder button.
- They have launched the Google Calendar API so that people can make applications or other Web programs that use Google Calendar.
I am very impressed with Google’s dedication to the Calendar project. I would really like to see a task list integrated into the Calendar so that I can keep track of everything important in one location. I am sure that they are working on it though.
News Source: Google Calendar What’s New Page