Yesterday, Google announced that their Google Groups has been updated with a new look and features. Back in October they had a beta site available with the redesign. Previously, it was an orange, yellow and white color scheme. They’ve switched to a light blue and white color scheme which gives it a cleaner look. Some of the new features include:
- Pages – Create and contribute to shared web pages with simple drag, drops, cuts, pastes, and clicks (i.e., no coding).
- Customized look and feel – Select pictures, colors, and styles to express your group’s style.
- Member profiles – See who else is in the group and read their profiles. Personalize your own profile with a photo and other details.
- File sharing – Post documents that anyone in the group can access.
- Easy reading of group discussions – Read easily in a Gmail-style interface.
Below are the before and after screenshots from Google Blogoscoped:
Thanks for the tip Natmaster!