We’re celebrating Independence Day here in the United States today, so we wanted to give you a heads-up that this will be the last post of the day. Whether you are getting together with friends and family, watching fireworks, relaxing, or you’re not even in the United States to celebrate the holiday, we hope you have a great day.
Last year we posted some interesting 4th of July statistics so we thought we’d take a look at some new statistics:
- 304 million – the nation’s population on this July 4th
- More than 1 in 4 will consume hots dogs and pork sausages
- About 4 in 10 dishes of baked beans originated from North Dakota
- More than 52% of the potatoes used for potato salad were produced in Idaho or Washington state
- The ketchup on your burger or hot dog probably came from California, which accounted for 96% of processed tomato production in 2007
- There are 31 places nationwide with “liberty” in their name
Happy 4th of July!