If you’re one of those people who like to save a buck here or there, here’s a helpful tip that will save you some money when you’re eating out at a restaurant. Most restaurants these days have websites that you can visit to check business hours, or view the menu. Additionally, many of those restaurant sites have an email list or newsletter that you can sign up for. I know, I know, no one likes getting more junk in their inbox, but this “junk” just might be worth it. When you sign up for an email list or newsletter, most restaurants will send you a thank-you “gift.”
From our experiences, the thank-you gift can be anything from a coupon for a free appetizer to a coupon for a few dollars off your purchase. And if you set-up an email account just for newsletters like this, you won’t have to worry about your regular account getting cluttered up with junk. Some of them will even send you an additional free gift once your birthday rolls around. Anything helps, right? With as expensive as eating out can get, signing up for an email newsletter from some of your favorite places can be worth it.
Here are a few examples of offers you’ll receive when signing up for an E-Club or newsletter:
- Lone Star Steakhouse – Free appetizer after signing up for their E-Club
- Maggiano’s Little Italy – Free appetizer after signing up for their E-Club
- Cold Stone Creamery – Free ice cream on your birthday after joining their birthday club
- TGI Friday’s – Free appetizer after joining Friday’s E-Club
- Texas Roadhouse – Get a free appetizer and a dessert on your birthday after joining the Texas Roadie VIP Club
- Red Lobster – Purchase 2 entrees and get a free appetizer or dessert after joining “The Club”
- On the Border – Get a free appetizer after joining Club Cantina
After signing up, it usually takes a couple of days to get your coupon so if you can plan ahead, you’ll be better off. Have a tip on how to save money eating out? Let us know!