Are you iReady? If you’re not, AT&T and Apple are finally releasing all of the information necessary to make sure that you are. We don’t know if it was AT&T or Apple that coined the term being “iReady” but AT&T is the one who offered tips so that customers can be iReady for the iPhone 3G when it goes on sale on Friday July 11th.
Prior to today, the only information we knew for sure was that the official release date for the iPhone 3G is July 11th and pricing for new AT&T subscribers and those eligible for upgrades is $199 for an 8GB phone and $299 for a 16GB phone. Here are all of the other iPhone 3G details you’ll need:
- Launch Time for the iPhone 3G is 8 AM local time
- The $199 and $299 pricing requires a two-year contract
- Those not eligible for upgrade pricing will pay $399 for the 8GB model and $499 for the 16GB model
- All customers upgrading will be required to pay an $18 upgrade fee while new customers will pay a $36 activation fee
- In the future, AT&T will offer a no-contract-required option for $599 (8GB) and $699 (16GB)
Plans have also been announced and start at $69.99 per month:
- $69.99 per month: 450 anytime minutes and 5,000 night and weekend minutes
- $89.99 per month: 900 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekend minutes
- $109.99 per month: 1350 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekend minutes
- $129.99 per month: unlimited anytime minutes
Family Plans are available as well and start at $129.99 per month for two iPhone 3G lines and include 700 shared anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends. You can add additional lines at $39.99 per month (up to 3 lines) and you can get plans of up to 6000 anytime minutes for $359.99. For individuals wanting text messages, they will be charged $5 per month for 200 messages, $15 per month for 1500 messages, or $20 per month for unlimited. There’s also an unlimited FamilyTalk text messaging option for $30 per month.
If you’re a current AT&T subscriber and you’re wondering if you’re eligible for an upgrade, just log-in to your AT&T Wireless account online and in the right sidebar you’ll see a link that says “Upgrade Phones.” Click on it and then it will list out your phones and tell you if you’re upgrade eligible.
AT&T put together a video explaining some of the iPhone 3G details which you can checkout below: