Forbes has released their list of the 400 richest Americans where this year, even one BILLION dollars wasn’t enough to land you on the list.  As we’ve heard, the rich are getting richer with the minimum net worth on this list being $1.3 billion dollars compared to $300 million last year.

Topping the list, as expected, is Bill Gates with a net worth of over 59 Billion. Coming in 2nd place with a net worth of $52 billion is Gates’ close friend, Warren Buffet. There are a handful of other names and companies found in the top 400 that are familiar in the tech World, and within that list were four from Microsoft, five from Google, two from eBay and two from Yahoo.

bill gates money

Take a look below at some of those familiar names and companies. You’ll notice that both Sergey Brin and Larry Page are on the list ranked at #5. Compared to last year, their net worth increased by $4.4 billion and $4.5 billion respectively. Just with the 16 individuals below, they have a combined net worth of 184 Billion! If we were to add up the net worth of the entire Forbes 400 list, it would be $1.54 trillion. Now that’s a lot of money!

RankNameNet WorthSource
1Bill Gates59 BillionMicrosoft
5Sergey Brin18.5 BillionGoogle
5Larry Page18.5 BillionGoogle
8Michael Dell17.2 BillionDell
11Paul Allen16.8 BillionMicrosoft
16Steve Ballmer15.2 BillionMicrosoft
32Pierre Omidyar8.0 BillioneBay
35Jeffrey Bezos8.7 BillionAmazon.com
48Eric Schmidt6.5 BillionGoogle
68Gordon Moore4.5 BillionIntel
204Omid Kordestani2.2 BillionGoogle
239David Filo2.0 BillionYahoo
261Jerry Yang1.9 BillionYahoo
271Kavitark Shriram1.8 BillionGoogle
271Theodore Waitt1.8 BillionGateway
361Margaret Whitman1.4 BillioneBay

 

View the entire Forbes 400 Richest Americans List

There Are 10 Comments

  1. Google execs’ are richer than Microsoft’s(Bill Gates doesn’t count!)….ouch 8)

  2. Google wrote:
    Google execs’ are richer than Microsoft’s(Bill Gates doesn’t count!)….ouch 8)

    Well, even if you do put them up against Bill Gates I’m sure Google’s Larry and Sergey are making more in the time frame that they’ve been working for Google, compared to how long it has taken Bill Gates to earn that much.

  3. You left out Oracle’s Larry Ellison who is number four on the list with a cool 26 billion.

  4. Toby In NY wrote:
    You left out Oracle’s Larry Ellison who is number four on the list with a cool 26 billion.

    I didn’t even realize that Oracle was doing that well.

  5. Ryan wrote:
    Toby In NY wrote:
    You left out Oracle’s Larry Ellison who is number four on the list with a cool 26 billion.

    I didn’t even realize that Oracle was doing that well.

    According to my CS572 class which is a high level database class, I remember the teacher saying that nothing really comes close to Oracle other than DB2. Oracle is doing well, especially when colleges like the one I attend use Oracle exclusively. There are many school like that as well, especially since the hostel take over of Peoplesoft. :)

  6. That’s a great cartoon!

    Awh man, Yahoo! exec’s poor compared to the others :(

  7. Wow, I didn’t think Gateway was doing that well. I have a family member that owned a Gateway laptop and worked for an agency that didncustomer cervice for their computers. From what I understand, they are having some serious hardware defects in their products.

    [elbrusconsulting.com]

  8. David wrote:
    Wow, I didn’t think Gateway was doing that well. I have a family member that owned a Gateway laptop and worked for an agency that didncustomer cervice for their computers. From what I understand, they are having some serious hardware defects in their products.

    I didn’t actually think that Gateway was doing all that well either, but this goes to show that I was wrong. Although they are several hundred down the list.

  9. Wow that’s a lot of money!

Leave Your Comment


Message is the only required field.
Emails are not published.