If you jumped on the bandwagon and downloaded Vista 5365 then you might find some use in these tips and tricks. They offer some fixes to some major annoyances like how to disable the User Account Protection. There are a total of 6 tips:
- Show network activity on the taskbar
- Disable Security Center Alerts
- Stop SearchIndexer.exe from annoying you
- Configure the Weather gadget
- Disable “You have files ready to be burned to a disc” popup
- Toggle User Account Control (On/Off)
My favorite two tips are numbers 5 & 6 so I decided to recap those.
If you are constantly getting a popup stating that you have files to burn, this is how you disable it:
- Press WinKey+R and type “gpedit.msc” (without the quotes).
- Navigate to: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Explorer
- In the right hand pane, double click on “Remove CD Burning features”
- Set the value to “Enabled” and press OK.
Getting rid of the User Account Protection is a tough choice because it does make your computer more secure. This is what constantly pops up every time you try to change something in the Control Panel or try to execute an un-verified file.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click “System and Maintenance”
- Scroll down and click “Administrative Tools”.
- Double click on “System Configuration”.
- If prompted to launch the System Configuration Utility, click “Continue”.
- In the System Configuration window, click on the “Tools” tab.
- Select either “Disable UAP” or “Enable UAP” from the list and click Launch.
Of course the fun doesn’t stop there. Make sure you head over to DigitalFive.org and check out the rest of the tweaks!
News Source: Full List Of Tips And Tricks via DigitalFive.org