What makes a vacation great for a geek probably includes high-speed Internet, but it doesn’t have to end there. Here’s my list of the best vacation destinations for Geeks!
–Best Vacations for Geeks–
- Norwegian Cruise Line! If leaving your Wii behind while you go on vacation is just too hard to think about, Norwegian Cruise Line has got you covered. Nintendo Wii systems are offered on their entire fleet of cruise ships. Now there’s no need to fill your time on the ship by gambling or entering the belly-flop contest. Games include Wii Sports, Wii Play, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, and Excite Truck. *Pictured – Wii Sports Boxing
- Computer History Museum – Take a visit to Mountain View California where "Computing History Lives" at the Computer History Museum. It’s the world’s largest and "most significant history museum for preserving and presenting the computing revolution and its impact on the human experience."
- NASA – Kennedy Space Center – Pay a visit to Kennedy Space Center to tour their center and watch Space Shuttle Discovery launch into space on October 23, 2007. If watching a shuttle launch just isn’t enough, sign up for Space Camp in Huntsillve, Alabama. This one isn’t just for kids either, they’ve got adult space and aviation programs.
- Star Trek Experience at Las Vegas Hilton – For an interactive adventure based upon Star Trek, you’ll want to visit the Las Vegas Hilton for the Star Trek Experience. There you can see "BORG Invasion 4D and Klingon Encounter" and immerse yourself in a futuristic world. You can also visit Quark’s Bar and Restaurant to fill up on Trekky food and drinks. To complete the experience, walk through The History of the Future Museum.
- Geekcruises.com – I had a hard time believing that Geek Cruises really exists, but it does. Their themed cruises in the past have included "Perl Whirl," "Java Jam," "Linux Lunacy," ".Net Nirvana," "MacMania," "PC Paradise," and "Photoshop Fling." So not only can you relax out in the sun on your vacation, you can learn a little something and meet people who share your interests too!