Last week when YouTube announced that they were starting the first ever YouTube awards, it was received with a mix of opinions. Some thought it was a great idea, others screamed copycat saying that YouTube was copying off of an online-video awards show called Vloggies. YouTube said the award show was their way to reflect on a great year and recognize the best videos of 2006. Users had one week to vote, and now the winners have been announced (I included some of my favorite clips).
- Most Creative: OK Go – Here It Goes Again (a new use for treadmills?)
- Best Comedy: Smosh Short 2: Stranded – Smosh
- Best Commentary: Hotness Prevails – thewinekone
- Best Series: Ask a Ninja – digitalfilmmaker
- Best Music Video: Say It’s Possible – TerraNaomi
- Most Inspirational: Free Hugs Campaign – PeaceOnEarth123
- Most Adorable: Kiwi! Madyeti47
I was definitely surprised with some of the winners, but apparently that’s what YouTubers wanted. You can find a summary for each of the videos at The Blog Herald in case you’d like to know what it’s about before you watch.