We know that many of you use DivShare for all of your file sharing/hosting needs, and we also know that many of you are on Facebook. That’s why you’ll be happy to know that DivShare is now takin’ on Facebook! Just yesterday they made the announcement, and now you have yet another easy way to share files with your friends right from Facebook.
Thumbs up to…
- The fact that you can upload your files and post them on your profile for your friends to see.
- You can send the files to specific friends on Facebook
- You can post your files to the news feed – if there’s something you want all of your friends to see like a video, song, or image, this is the perfect way to notify the masses.
Thumbs down to…
- Can’t manage and access uploaded files on Facebook
- When you click on a file to view it, you’ll be taken to DivShare to view it instead of viewing it from Facebook. It might be nice if it would open in a small pop-up instead of a whole new window.
- Box.net seems to have a better interface for viewing files on Facebook
This is what the uploader looks like on Facebook– note your options for sharing:
This is what will appear on your profile after you’ve uploaded files:
Overall it’s a great app for Facebook and another smart move by DivShare to make their service to accessible to everybody. And just as the stand alone service, you have unlimited storage up to 200 MB per file!