UPDATE: This trick does not work anymore. They have taken down the page you need to use in step 5.
Neowin has published a great trick on how to get your @Live.com addresses today without waiting until Tuesday, which is the official release date. Here is the trick:
- Go to https://accountservices.passport.net/reg.srf register an passport account with a NON-HOTMAIL/MSN email address
- Sign in to http://login.live.com with your passport that you just registered.
- Paste https://account.live.com/EditProf.aspx into address bar.
- Edit your registered information, input your birthday (18+) and change your Country/Region to ‘United States’.
- Paste https://account.live.com/LoginChangeName.aspx to address bar, then your can change your passport to @live.com.
- If you do not change to US (skip step four), you’ll get @windowslive.com domain address
- If you change to ‘China’, you’ll get @live.cn domain address
- If you change to ‘Korea’, you’ll get @live.co.kr domain address and so on…
- It seems like Windows Live Mail only works with @live.com addresses at the moment
- Please note that after migrating to @live.com domain, your previous NON-HOTMAIL/MSN email address will no longer be associated with passport
- Currently, it only works for NON-HOTMAIL/MSN email addresses (in Step 1)
Make sure that you read the notes above because that will answer most of your questions. Enjoy this trick while it lasts!
News Source: Neowin