So you are trying to make Windows XP look like Vista? If you have been reading my previous posts then you might have your XP machine almost looking like Vista. One thing that you probably need is the Vista mouse cursors. Gurudesign.no has posted a package for the cursors that you can download. Here are the steps that you need to take to install the cursors:
- Download the cursor package.
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Right click the “Install.inf” file and click on “Install”.
- Goto the Control Panel and select “Mouse”.
- Click on the Pointers tab and choose the cursor: “Aero Cursors (Alphablended)”.
- You’re done!
I do have to say that these cursors are much better than the ones that are standard in Windows XP. The animation looks very smooth and gets rid of the outdated hourglass.