Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
Ethernet Cables to Replace HDMI?
Large companies such as Sony, Samsung, and LG are contributing to a new technology called HDBaseT that could eventually replace HDMI.
Google Will Let Users Disable Gmail Conversations
Google is apparently working on letting users turn off the conversations feature in Gmail so that they can view their emails in a more traditional “flat” view.
2 Billion Firefox Add-ons Downloaded
Over 7 thousand developers have helped contribute to Firefox’s 2 billion add-on downloads.
iOS Game Developer Tapulous Acquired by Disney
The maker of the popular iPhone game Tap Tap Revenge was acquired by Disney last week.
Microsoft Pulls the Plug on Kin
The Microsoft Kin phone has only been on sale for two months, and has already been discontinued so that Microsoft can focus more on the Windows Phone 7 Series that is launching later this year.
Google News Gets Redesigned
Google News has received a slight facelift and some additional features, such as selecting which news sources you’d like to see more/less.
Amazon Acquires Deal Site Woot
Last week Amazon bought Woot.com, a site that offers one deal per day, for an estimated $110 million.
Hulu Plus Subscription Officially Revealed
Hulu is offering (currently by invite only) a monthly subscription-based viewing plan that makes their content viewable on some mobile devices and video game consoles.
Chrome Overtakes Safari in Usage
According to StatCounter the Google Chrome browser has inched by Safari coming in at 8.97% and 8.88% usage, respectively.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
More Ways to View/Manage Your Chrome Tabs
This nice little Chrome extension provides an icon-only view of all your open tabs across all open windows.
Unlocker Removes “In Use” Files on 64-Bit Machines, too
One of my favorite apps, Unlocker, now supports 64-bit machines. That means you can remove virtually any file regardless of whether something already has a hold of it.
Toggle iPhone Backups On/Off in iTunes
This free Windows app will let you toggle backups on/off for your iPhone in a single click.
ChangeDetection Watches for Updated Sites
If you want to monitor a site for changes head on over to ChangeDetection.com to set it up. Once configured it will email you anytime it detects an update to that particular page.
Latest Browser Speed Comparison
This is a great set of performance tests that put the latest browsers up against each other.
Uploading HD Videos from Your iPhone Using Pixelpipe
By default the new iPhone 4 doesn’t upload full HD videos to YouTube, but using a free app such as Pixelpipe will help you get around that limitation.
30 Safari Extensions You Can Try Right Now
Get everything from Gmail counters to Twitter integration right inside the Safari browser.
- Avant Browser 2010.8 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- BurnAware Free 3.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Flock 2.6.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Foxit Reader 4.0.0.0619 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- GOM Player 126.96.36.19921 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 6.0.453.1 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Maxthon 188.8.131.527 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Miranda 0.8.27 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Notepad++ 5.7 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Opera 10.60 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- PDF-XChange Viewer 2.053 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- PeaZip 3.2.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Sandboxie 3.46 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- TagScanner 5.1.571 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- TightVNC 2.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Tomato 1.28 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Unlocker 1.9.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- uTorrent 184.108.40.20668 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Windows Live Messenger 2010 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]