Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
Apple’s In-App Purchases Hacked
Someone has found out a way to hack in-app iOS purchases so that you are able to get them for free. No jailbreak required.
Digg Sold to Betaworks
A company called Betaworks has swooped in to snag Digg at a reported $500k. Some sources are saying the amount is much higher than that though.
Yahoo Voices Leaks Credentials
Last week Yahoo had a data breach stating that approximately 400,000 email addresses and passwords were leaked in plain text. There is a site set up by a third-party that lets you check to see if your email address was part of the leak.
Amazon Enhances Kindle Fire Gaming with GameCircle
Amazon announced that their new GameCircle service will allow developers to add achievements and leaderboards to their games. It can also track a user’s game progress so that they can pick up where they left off on any device.
Ouya: Android-Based Game Console Breaks Kickstarter Records
Ouya, and Android-based video game console, has been breaking Kickstarter records by pulling in nearly $2 million the first day and $1.7 million the second day. Pledges have been dropping off the last few days though but is still bringing in around $100k per day.
Next Issue: Dozens of Magazines on Your Tablet for a Monthly Subscription
iPad and Android tablet owners can take advantage of a new app called Next Issue that gives you access to dozens of magazines at just $9.99/month.
Dropbox Offering Double Storage for Paying Customers
Dropbox users who are paying for storage are now receiving twice the amount of storage for the same price.
Windows 8 to RTM in Early August
Microsoft announced that Windows 8 will RTM in early August, and will be available to customers at the end of October.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
Advanced Gmail Search with Regular Expressions
With a little help from Google Docs you can actually search through your emails in Gmail using regular expressions.
Mint QuickView app for Mac Users
If you use a Mac and Mint.com then the new desktop app by Intuit will provide an easy way to get an overview of your finances.
Download Torrents in Chrome
There is a new “OneClick” Chrome extension that will let users download torrents from within the browser.
- BurnAware Free 5.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Calibre 0.8.60 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dexpot 1.6.2106 RC [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.4.11 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.5.8 Experimental [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Firefox 14.0 Beta 12 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Flash Player 11.3.300.265 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 20.0.1132.57 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 21.0.1180.41 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 22.0.1201.0 Dev [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Kindle for PC 22.214.171.124262 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- KMPlayer 126.96.36.199 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- LibreOffice 3.5.5 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- LibreOffice 3.6.0 Beta 3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Notepad++ 6.1.5 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- openSUSE 12.2 RC1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- PeaZip 4.6.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- PhraseExpress 8.0.154 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Recuva 1.43.623 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- SeaMonkey 2.11 Beta 6 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- SUPER v2012.52 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- TeamViewer 7.0.13936 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- WinPatrol 25.0.2012.5 [Homepage] [Mirror]