Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
Grooveshark Releases Free Mobile HTML5 App
The Grooveshark app may have gotten pulled from the Apple App Store and Android Market awhile back, but they are working around that with a free HTML5-powered web app that is actually pretty good.
Mozilla Will Provide an Extended Support Release of Firefox
Mozilla released six new versions of Firefox in 2011, and keeping up with that was quite a headache for any IT person managing desktops with the browser installed. As a result Mozilla will also be providing an Extended Support Release (ESR) version of Firefox that will only be updated once per year.
BlueStacks Bringing Android Apps to Windows 8
A company called BlueStacks is developing a way for you to run Android apps in the new Windows 8 Metro interface, and is working on deals to have the software preloaded on some new PCs.
Personal Google+ Results Appearing in Your Google Search Results
Google will be injecting Google+ search results, such as posts from friends, if they believe it is relevant to what you are searching for on Google.
Kinect for Windows Coming February 1st
Microsoft is pushing out the Kinect for Windows, and it should be available from retail outlets starting February 1st with a retail price of $249.
Opera TV Store Brings HTML5 Apps to Your TV
Everyone is getting into the television market these days, and Opera is no different. Last week they announced the Opera TV Store which will let users run HTML5 apps on their television… assuming that device manufacturers adopt their technology.
Nokia Lumia 900 LTE Windows Phone Announced
In the coming months Nokia will be releasing the Lumia 900 LTE Windows Phone on AT&T, and it will include a 4.3-inch AMOLED display.
Ubuntu TV Unity UI Demo
Ubuntu is entering the television market with software that will stream videos and record live TV. Ubuntu-powered TVs are expected to be in stores by the end of 2012.
Samsung and LG Show Off 55-inch OLED TVs
At CES 2012 both Samsung and LG demonstrated their 55-inch OLED TVs that are due out later this year. No word on pricing yet.
Netflix Branches Out to UK and Ireland
Netflix has expanded their streaming service to include users in the UK and Ireland. If your unsure about the service they are offering a free 1-month trial for you to test the waters.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
Customize OS X Lion’s Scrollbar Behavior for Each App You Use
LionScrollbars is a clever little Mac app that lets you choose whether or not the scrollbar is always displayed on a per app basis.
Tweak Hidden Mac OS X Features
The iTweaX app lets you customize Mac OS X features that are otherwise buried deep in the OS.
How to Crack a WiFi Network’s WPA Password
Lifehacker has a guide available for cracking the WPA password for a WiFi network using Reaver. It takes a little effort, but it has a good chance of working.
- Adobe Reader 10.1.2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- CDBurnerXP 18.104.22.16805 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.2.50 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.3.6 Experimental [Homepage] [Mirror]
- FileZilla 3.5.3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Firefox 10.0 Beta 4 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- GOM Player 22.214.171.12485 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 18.0.1003.1 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- KMPlayer 126.96.36.199 R2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Miranda 0.9.41 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Process Explorer 15.12 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- SeaMonkey 2.7 Beta 3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Skype 188.8.131.52 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Thunderbird 10.0 Beta 2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- uTorrent 3.1.26650 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- VirtualBox 184.108.40.206491 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Wireshark 1.6.5 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Yahoo! Messenger 220.127.116.11 [Homepage] [Mirror]