Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
Samsung Android Tablet Available from T-Mobile and Verizon
Both T-Mobile and Verizon are now offering the 7″ Android-powered Samsung Galaxy Tab for $599 without a contract. AT&T should be getting it soon as well.
JooJoo Tablet to be Discontinued
Fusion Garage, makers of the $500 Linux-based tablet, is already discontinuing the gadget.
Digg Adds Staff Picks Section
Digg now has a “Staff Picks” section along the right-side of the Top News, My News, and Upcoming pages on the site. These sections will include hand-picked stories from people on the Digg team.
Firefox 4 Beta 7 is Feature Complete
Mozilla has finished sneaking features into Firefox 4, and will now be looking to polish it up with bug fixes.
SugarSync Bumps Free Accounts to 5GB of Storage
SugarSync users now get 5GB of free storage, which is more than double what their competitor (Dropbox) offers.
Kinect Open Source Driver Released
It didn’t take long for Kinect to be brought to the PC through the use of open source drivers. Now we just have to wait for applications that will actually make use of them.
Evernote Hits 5 Million Users
Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, and has hit the 5 million user mark less than three months after reaching 4 million users.
Hotmail Improves Security with HTTPS Encryption
To help improve your safety and security Microsoft is moving Hotmail over to SSL encrypted sessions, which will help prevent hackers from accessing your information.
Google Launches Instant Previews
When viewing Google search results you can now get a preview of the site without actually visiting the page.
5 Torrent Files that Broke Records
This is an interesting article that highlights five different torrents… all of which broke some sort of record, including the oldest torrent, the most files, and most data transferred.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
Linux Mint 10 Available
Users new to Linux should definitely take a look at Linux Mint. I’ve used this a bit myself and it is undoubtedly well-polished OS.
Install Android on an iPhone 2G/3G Through Cydia
This step-by-step guide explains how you can get Android running on your iPhone 2G/3G using Cydia.
10 Handy Opera 11 Extensions
Download Squad rounds up some great Opera extensions for doing things like checking the weather, bulk opening links, removing ads, and more.
Get a HTC-Style Weather Widget
Windows 7/Vista users can grab this nice looking clock and weather widget that mimics the design of what you’d find on an HTC phone.
Set Chrome to Run Flash On-Demand Only
You may not have realized this, but Chrome includes a built-in feature that forces plug-ins to run only when you “approve” them.
Get Notified if Someone is Using FireSheep on Your Network
A Firefox extension called BlackSheep has been released that will listen for the FireSheep sniffing utility, and it will provide the IP address of the culprit.
Find Suggest for Firefox Enhances Find-in-Page
Using the Mozilla Labs’ Find Suggest extension you can get search suggestions after you open the find bar and begin looking for text on the page you’re viewing.
RockMelt Wants to be Your Social Browser
RockMelt is a Chrome-based web browser that offers tight integration with social sites such as Facebook. Based on what we’ve seen from browsers like Flock I’m not sure how successful this will actually become though.
- 7-Zip 9.19 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Adobe Air 126.96.36.19930 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Any Video Converter 3.11 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Defraggler 2.00.230 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Evernote 188.8.131.5283 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- FeedDemon 184.108.40.206 Pre-Release [Homepage] [Mirror]
- FileZilla 3.3.5 RC1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Firefox 4.0 Beta 7 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Flash Player 10.1.102.64 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Foobar2000 1.1.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 9.0.576.0 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- KMPlayer 220.127.116.119 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- OpenOffice.org 3.3.0 RC4 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- OpenSUSE 11.4 Milestone 3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Opera 11.00.1055 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- PicPick 2.3.6 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- SUPER 2010.42 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- UltraVNC 18.104.22.168 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- uTorrent 22.214.171.12471 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- WinPatrol 19.3.2010.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- WinSCP 4.3 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]