Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
Google Maps Improves Traffic Estimations
Last July Google said that they weren’t happy with the algorithm they use to estimate the amount of time it would take to get to your destination when accounting for traffic. So, they’ve improved it so that it now takes into account current traffic conditions in order to provide the most up-to-date estimate possible.
Gallery From Decommissioning the Space Shuttles
Any geek will surely love this gallery of images that were taken during the decommission process for the space shuttles.
Android 4.0.4 Rolling Out
Phones and tablets running Android 4 should have been offered the 4.0.4 update, which includes better camera performance, improved screen rotation, and more.
Red Hat Passes the $1 Billion Mark
Red Hat has become the first open-source company to hit $1 billion in revenue for a fiscal year. As a result of the news their stock jumped last week and their market cap sits at over $11 billion.
Google’s Account Activity Dashboard
The Google Account Activity dashboard will give you an overview of how much you use Google’s products as well as what you spend the most time using/doing.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
View Link Type on Hover in Chrome
This Google Chrome extension will display an icon when you hover over links in the browser, and the icon represents what kind of file/link (PDF, ZIP, etc…) it is.
MetroTwit 1.0 Available
My favorite Twitter client on Windows, MetroTwit, released version 1.0 that serves as an extremely polished Twitter app with a multi-account feature.
Monitor Your Website Uptime with Google Docs
This guide explains how you can set up Google Docs to monitor a website for free, and it can even keep a running history of each check so that you can view the uptime of a site.
XBMC 11.0 Adds AirPlay Support and More
If you have AirPlay devices in your household the new XBMC 11.0 media center software will let you stream videos to your computer from them, but it should be noted that AirPlay mirroring is not supported. XBMC 11 also packs a lot of other features and enhancements to make your overall experience a lot more enjoyable.
Notepad++ 6 Comes with an Awesome Document Map
A new version of Notepad++ was released last week, and it comes equipped with a Document Map feature that appears in the sidebar (when enabled). With it you can visually scroll through different areas of the document you’re viewing.
- Adobe Air 220.127.116.110 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- BurnAware Free 4.8 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- CCleaner 3.17.1688 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.3.25 Experimental [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Firefox 12.0 Beta 3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Flash Player 18.104.22.168 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Foobar2000 1.1.12 Beta 2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 18.0.1025.142 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- iTunes 10.6.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- KMPlayer 22.214.171.124 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- MetroTwit 1.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Notepad++ 6.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Opera 11.62 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Opera 12.00.1351 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Pidgin 2.10.3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Safari 5.1.5 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- SeaMonkey 2.9 Beta 1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Thunderbird 11.0.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Thunderbird 12.0 Beta 2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Wireshark 1.6.6 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- XBMC 11.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]