Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
Google Adds Handwriting Recognition to Tablet Search Interface
Google has added browser-based handwriting recognition to their tablet search. Once enabled in the search settings you can begin drawing on the screen to have your handwriting transformed into a search query.
Kansas City Getting Google Fiber
Google will be rolling out gigabit Internet to some lucky Kansas City residents for just $70 a month. Alternatively you can opt for their free service which offers 5Mbps download speeds and 1Mbps upload.
Apple Sells 26M iPhones and 17M iPads Last Quarter
Apple reported its third quarter earnings last week with $35 billion in revenue and $8.8 billion in earnings. They sold 26 million iPhones and 17 million iPads during the quarter.
Canon’s EOS M Will Be a Mirrorless Camera
Canon announced that later this year they will be releasing a mirrorless camera called the EOS M. It will be available for $800 and an optional adapter can be purchased to let you use your existing Canon lenses.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Review
Apple released OS X 10.8 last week, and Ars Technica takes an in-depth review of the new OS.
Google Adds 34-Button Calculator to Search Results
Google has performed calculations and conversions in their search interface for quite some time, but now when you perform for a search query for a math expression you’ll get more than just the answer. Instead you’ll also see a full 34-button calculator.
Set Your Mac’s Default App for Opening a File
If you want to change the default program for a particular file on a Mac you can right-click on the file while holding down the Option key. You should then see an option to “Always Open With”.
Replace Chrome’s New Tab Page with a Weather and Time Display
This Chrome extension will replace your new tab page in the browser with one that displays the date and weather conditions.
- Calibre 0.8.62 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- CCleaner 3.21.1767 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dexpot 1.6.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.4.12 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Firefox 15.0 Beta 2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Flash Player 11.3.300.268 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 21.0.1180.57 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- LibreOffice 3.6.0 RC 2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Miro 5.0.2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Opera 12.01.1528 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Picasa 3.9.136.07 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- VLC Media Player 2.0.3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- WinSCP 4.3.9 [Homepage] [Mirror]