Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
Windows 7 Passes 350 Million License Mark
Microsoft said that it took just 18 months for them to sell more than 350 million licenses of Windows 7. To put that number in perspective the population of the U.S. is estimated around 309 million.
Google Talks to Spotify Over Music Service
Google is having problems getting some of the record labels on board, and so they may be turning to Spotify in hopes of sparking an agreement.
Apple Posts Record Numbers for Q2 2011
In Apple’s Q2 2011 earnings call they revealed their $5.99 billion in profit, which was helped by the 4.69 million iPads, 9.02 million iPods, 18.65 million iPhones, and 3.76 million Macs that were sold.
iPhones and 3G iPads Unknowingly Tracking You?
O’Reilly revealed an interesting finding where all iPhones and 3G iPads are tracking your location via cell tower positioning and recording the results to an unencrypted file.
Twitter May Acquire TweetDeck
If you’re a TweetDeck user you may be happy or angered at the fact that Twitter is reportedly eyeing the possibility of buying the app. It’s estimated that an acquisition would run upwards of $50 million.
iOS 4.3.2 Jailbroken
Since Apple didn’t patch the hole used by the previous untether jailbreak the dev team was able to update Redsn0w to work with iOS 4.3.2.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
Perian Adds Video Support for WebM and Other Formats
Perian is a must-have add-on for any Mac user because it adds support for all of the most popular video formats.
Transform Windows 7 into Mac OS X Lion
With this transformation pack you can give your Windows 7 machine a makeover in both appearance and functionality. Just run through an installer and your machine will look and act like Mac OS X Lion.
Microsoft’s Free Photosynth App for iOS
The free Photosynth app in the iOS App Store will let you easily stitch together 360 degree panoramic photos using your iPhone.
- BurnAware Free 3.2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.1.27 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Fedora Linux 15 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 12.0.742.0 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Toolbar 7.0.1614.2212 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- iTunes 10.2.2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Kindle for PC 22.214.171.124337 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Miranda 0.9.20 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Notepad2 4.2.25 RC8 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Picasa 126.96.36.199 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Silverlight 4.0.60310 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Skype 188.8.131.52 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- VirtualBox 184.108.40.206344 [Homepage] [Mirror]