Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
Valve’s ‘Handbook for New Employees’ Leaked
Valve’s 56-page new employee handbook leaked over the weekend, and gives you a glimpse of what it might be like to work for the company… humor and all. Well worth at least a glimpse.
Google Closing Down Some Services
Google provided a long list of services that they will no longer be developing such as Google Sync for Blackberry and Picasa on Linux.
Space Shuttle in Extreme Detail
Hop on board the flight deck of space shuttle Discovery with these high-resolution images that you are able to navigate around. You are able to zoom in so close that you can actually read the writing on all of the buttons. Very slick!
Windows 8 Editions and Media Center Availability
Microsoft has announced that there will be three consumer versions of Windows 8: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows RT (for ARM devices). Also, if you want to use Windows Media Center you’ll need to grab Windows 8 Pro AND purchase an “economical” media pack as an add-on.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
Use VirtualBox to Test Out New Chrome OS Builds
Curious what the new Chrome OS is like? The good news is that you can take it for a spin using the free VirtualBox VM software.
Find Large Emails in Gmail
This useful Google Apps script will snag a list of emails from your Gmail account and put them into Google Docs, where you can then sort them to find the largest emails. Of course with all the storage you get I’m guessing most of you aren’t concerned with freeing up space.
Google Reader Styles and Extensions
Lifehacker has put together a list of extensions that will tweak the layout and functionality of Google Reader to make it even better.
Unlock Your AT&T iPhone Without Losing Jailbreak
If you take advantage of AT&T unlocking an out-of-contract iPhone that would normally mean that you would lose your jailbreak since the process involves having to restore your phone. Luckily there is a workaround available.
- Dropbox 1.3.38 Experimental [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Firefox 12.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Foobar2000 1.1.12 Beta 3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- GOM Player 22.214.171.12406 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 19.0.1084.30 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 20.0.1105.2 Dev [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Earth 126.96.36.19913 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Miro 5.0 RC2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- MySQL 5.5.23 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Notepad++ 6.1.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Opera 12.00.1380 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Screenshot Captor 3.04.01 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- SeaMonkey 2.9 Beta 3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- WinPatrol 24.6.2012.0 [Homepage] [Mirror]