Welcome to the WrapUp by CyberNet. This is a collection of news stories, downloads, and tips that we have collected over the last few days, but never got around to writing about. Don’t forget to send in your own tips, or just leave a comment on this page if you think you’ve got something we should include.
VLC 2.0 Brings New Interface to Mac Users
VLC 2.0 was released over the weekend, and it is sporting a slick new look for Mac users.
Windows 8 Logo Revealed
Microsoft has redesigned the Windows 8 logo so that it returns to more of the classic “window” design rather than looking like a flag.
Apple OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Features
Apple briefed select individuals on the upcoming OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) ahead of their developer preview release last week. This milestone is heavily focused on migrating iOS features (Notification Center, Messages, etc…) over to OS X.
DuckDuckGo Hits 1 Million Searches in a Single Day
The DuckDuckGo search engine, which has won the hearts of a lot of geeks, hit a big milestone last week passing the 1 million search mark in a 24-hour period.
Kinect for Media Center
One developer is working to make Windows Media Center controllable with a Kinect unit, but it will run you $7 for the software.
Aereo Will Stream Local TV Stations in New York
Aereo is a $12/month service that will provide New York residents with over-the-air local television programming that is streamed to phones, tablets, and internet-connected devices/TVs.
Google Public DNS Serving 70 Billion Requests a Day
Google wrote a blog post saying that their public DNS service is now pumping through over 70 billion requests every day.
Search Six Music Services at Once for Tunes
Trying to figure out which music service is right for you? Music Smasher is trying to help you figure that out be letting you simultaneously search for Music on Rdio, Spotify, Grooveshark, SoundCloud, Mog, and Bandcamp. Now you can quickly see which one has your obscure music tracks.
–Tips, Tutorials, and Reviews–
Zorin: Linux OS With a Windows 7 Feel
Zorin is another Linux-based OS, but it tries to make Windows users feel a little more at home.
Theme Support for Media Center Themer
You can customize the appearance of Windows Media Center using this new app.
- BurnAware Free 4.6 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.2.52 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Dropbox 1.3.17 Experimental [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Firefox 10.0.2 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Firefox 11.0 Beta 3 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Flash Player 220.127.116.11 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Google Chrome 19.0.1041.0 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Miranda 0.9.44 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Opera 12.00.1301 Beta [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Process Explorer 15.13 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- SeaMonkey 2.7.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Thunderbird 10.0.1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- Transmission 2.50 Beta 1 [Homepage] [Mirror]
- uTorrent 18.104.22.168740 [Homepage] [Mirror]