When working with large XML files they can take awhile to load depending on the program you’re using, but the free (and portable) XML Explorer can handle some big files with ease. This XML file viewer can pull up a 100MB file in just seconds, and it displays the information in a tree view so that you can efficiently browse the contents of the file.
Despite not being able to edit files the XML Explorer app has other features that are quite handy:
- When opening a file it validates the document and points out any errors it finds
- XPath expressions can be evaluated making this a powerful search tool
- There are several different formats available when copying data:
- Tabbed interface for opening multiple documents in the same window
- Portable version is available making it easy to run from any machine
XML Explorer (Windows only; Freeware; Portable)