Zoho has expanded its web service offering once again by introducing the new Zoho DB, which is a complete database and report management tool. It has a familiar spreadsheet interface that users will quickly be able to adapt to, and the chart creator is unbelievably simple.
Here’s an overview on the features it has:
- Multiple views: Tabular View, Chart View, Pivot View, Summary View
- Drag-and-drop interface for Chart and Pivot Table creation
- It understands an insane amount of query syntax, including Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Informix and ANSI SQL
- Tabbed interface makes it easy to switch between sheets and charts
- Import existing XLS/CSV/TSV files
I’ve only been using Zoho DB for a short time this morning, and have to admit that I’m extremely impressed with what it has to offer. I think this can more than satisfy the needs of most Microsoft Access users, which undoubtedly increases the value of Zoho! They now have a whopping 17 different services that are offered to users, and if Yahoo! were to acquire them they would be leaps and bounds ahead of both Google in the online office suite war.
To wrap things up here is a rather lengthy (11+ minutes) video on all the features Zoho DB has:
Source: Zoho Blog